Position Title : General Manager
Purpose : The General Manager is responsible for all aspects of operations at the hotel, to day-to-day staff management and guests. Provide leadership and strategic planning to all departments in support of our service culture, maximize operations and guest satisfaction
Duties and responsibilities :
- Deliver hotel budget goals and set other short and long term strategic goals for the property.
- Overseeing and managing all departments and working closely with department heads on a daily basis.
- Responsible for the preparation, presentation and subsequent achievement of the hotel's annual Operating Budget.
- Hold regular briefings and meetings with all head of departments.
- Ensure full compliance to Hotel operating controls, policies, procedures and service standards.
- Handling complaints, and oversee the service recovery procedures.
- Manage on-going profitability of the hotel, ensuring revenue and guest satisfaction targets are met and exceeded.
- Developing improvement actions carry out costs savings.
- Closely monitor the hotels business reports on a daily basis and take decisions accordingly;
- Draw up plans and budget (revenues, costs, etc.) for the owners;
- Assist in the procurement of operating supplies and equipment, and contracting with third-party vendors for essential equipment and services;
- Respond to audits to ensure continual improvement is achieved;
- Corporate client handling and take part in new client acquisition along with the sales team whenever required;
- Prepare a monthly financial reporting for the owners;
Education, Competencies and Skills
- The ideal candidate is highly intelligent hotel professional with outstanding, management skills and extensive hands-on experience.
- A university degree in hotel management or any related field with Experience in opening, managing or re-positioning a hotel with clear track record.
- At least 5 to 7 years’of experience in the hospitality industry.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office;
- Strong organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.